Pain Relief & Posture Fix: The Turkish Get-Up
The Turkish Get Up is a fantastic exercises that will not only help with your pain and posture, but it will make you more flexible, give you healthier joints, and increase your strength.
So, let's break it down:
1. Roll to your side to pick the kettlebell up. Use both hands to press the weight up. Make sure your shoulders are pulled down away from your ears and armpits are squeezed tight. Keeping the knee bent on the same side that you're holding the bell, you are now set up.
2. Next, roll up to your elbow, with a big chest and your knee pulled back open. Repeat as you come up to your hand.
3. Hip bridge just enough to be able to sweep your leg/knee underneath you. Make sure you feel stable before continuing to the next step.
4. Come up to a tall kneeling position. You'll notice your legs are creating a 90 degree angle. This is an open hip position. We want to close your hips off into a standard lunge position by either turning the bottom leg, or top leg in a "windshield wiper" motion.
5. Lunge up to a tall standing position keeping your elbow locked out. You now need to "Turkish Get-Down" :)
6. Repeat the steps in reverse order by lunging back, opening your hips back up, sweep the leg back through until you sit on your hip (remember big chest and wide knee). From here you will come down to your elbow keeping a big chest, and the control as you return flat to your back.
7. Set the bell down by using both hands to bring the bell down to your abdomen, and rolling your entire body over to set it down.
Add these in once, twice, or more per week. As you feel comfortable add weight, or if you need any help with coaching your movement you can send your videos to us at MoultonChiropractic@gmail.com.
If you have more questions or want to schedule a training appointment with Kris, go online to www.MoultonChiropractic.com/Schedule